Information on the processing of personal data in the context of the UNIVERSEH Language Café at the HHU
With this data protection information, the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (hereinafter referred to as HHU) fulfils its obligation to provide information in accordance with Article 13 and Article 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the above-mentioned processing of personal data.
Supplementary information can be found in the HHU data protection declaration (https://www.uni-duesseldorf.de/home/footer/datenschutz.html).
With regard to the other terms used, "personal data", "processing", "controller", "third party", etc., refer to the definitions in Article 4 of the GDPR.
1. Contact details
The data controller is HHU, a legal public corporation supported by the State of NRW. It is represented by the Rector Prof. Dr. Anja Steinbeck.
1.1 Contact details of the person responsible
Heinrich-Heine Universität Düsseldorf
Tel.: 0211 81- 11
1.2 Contact person for processing
Heinrich-Heine Universität Düsseldorf
Tel.: 0211 81- 10401
1.3 Contact details of the data protection officer
You can contact the data protection officer of HHU by post at the address of the data controller given above or as follows:
Tel.: 0211/81 – 13060
2. Information on the personal data processed and the purposes of processing
Within the framework of the International Language Tandem euroTandem at HHU, the following personal data of you will be processed
- Place of study and field of study
- Email address
- Spoken languages
- in case of Erasmus students: the duration of the stay at the HHU
for the following purposes:
- Matching of a tandem partner
The data is collected directly from you.
3. Legal basis of the processing
The collection of personal data for the purposes mentioned in section 2 is based on the consent of the data subjects pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a. GDPR.
4. Transmission of personal data
Your name and email address will only be forwarded via email by us to the selected tandem partner for the formation of the language tandem.
Otherwise, your personal data, which will be processed by HHU for the purposes mentioned under point 2, will not be transmitted to third parties. However, we would like to point out that the IT departments or a service provider may have access in the context of care and maintenance work.
5. Duration of processing/data deletion
HHU stores your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes according to section 2, for the fulfilment of contractual obligations or for legally prescribed obligations. Afterwards, this data will be deleted.
6. Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, you can assert the rights granted to you by the GDPR at any time:
- The right to information as to whether and which of your data is being processed (Art. 15 GDPR). The restrictions according to §12 DSG NRW apply;
- the right to request the correction or completion of data concerning you (Art. 16 GDPR);
- the right to have the data concerning you deleted in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR. The restrictions according to §10 DSG NRW apply;
- the right to demand restriction of the processing of the data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR;
- the right to object to future processing of data concerning you in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- the right to revoke consent given at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation (Art. 7 (3) GDPR).
In addition to the aforementioned rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR) The supervisory authority responsible for HHU is the
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
Telefon: 0211 38424-0
However, we would be grateful if you would contact our data protection officer before taking your concerns to the supervisory authority. We will try to do justice to your concern.
7. Validity of this data protection notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice to reflect any changes in relevant laws or regulations or to better meet your needs. This Privacy Notice is the most recent version published by HHU.